Multicultural Student Center
On January 8, 2002 the Multicultural Student Center (MSC) was established on the campus of the University of Central Florida. The MSC is an office dedicated to all students from all backgrounds.
The MSC’s mission is to create a more inclusive and equitable campus environment that enriches the university experience through actively supporting diverse and intentional programming. The MSC will strive to promote awareness, strengthen cultural competency and social responsibility by encouraging the educational exploration and challenge of societal norms that enables students to explore the varied concepts of multiculturalism. For the MSC, multiculturalism extends beyond areas of race, ethnicity, and culture and includes sexuality, gender identity, ability, spirituality, and social advocacy to support a more culturally competent UCF student body.
Multicultural Monthly Programming
- August – Taste of UCF
- September – Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month (Sep. 15- Oct. 15)
- October – LGBTQ+ History Month
- November – Transgender Day of Remembrance Nov. 20
- December – World Aids Day Banquet
- February – Black History Month
- March – Month of the Women & Transgender Day of Visibility
- April – Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Support for RSO’s
Culturally-based Registered Student Organizations (RSO’s) have the opportunity to apply for a shared workspace within Social Justice and Advocacy at the beginning of every fall semester. Organizations are granted workspace with a shared computer and access to printing. In addition, MSC also provides funding opportunities to RSO’s.
2018-2019 Housed RSO’s
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA)
- Black Female Development Circle (BFDC)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Caribbean Student Association (CSA)
- Children Beyond Our Borders (CBOB)
- Crown 2 Crown
- Filipino Student Association (FSA)
- Gospel & Cultural Choir (GCC)
- Jamaican Student Association (JAMSA)
- National Association for The Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Pre-Students of Osteopathic Medical Association (Pre-SOMA)
- Progressive Black Men, Incorporated (PBM)
MSC Executive Board
The MSC Executive Board is made up of 10 undergraduate or graduate students. Together they collaborate to create events on campus that cater to the UCF student body. The main goal is to create events that accurately represent and celebrate the many cultures represented by the student population. Every spring semester MSC elects a new executive board, the 10 director positions are:
- Student Director
- Assistant Student Director
- Communications Director
- RSO Relations Director
- Pride Director
- Accessibility Director
- Marketing Director (2)
- Culture Director (2)
MSC Street Team
The MSC Street Team is a subset of the Multicultural Student Center. Members of the street team assist with the marketing of events, gain an behind the scene experience of student involvement and event management. Students interested can apply via KnightConnect.
MSC Provides both collaboration and financial sponsorship to various RSO's and UCF departments and colleges. If you organization wishes to partner with MSC or seek financial assistant for an event please complete our collaboration or funding request form via KnightConnect.