Multicultural Student Center
On January 8, 2002 the Multicultural Student Center (MSC) was established on the campus of the University of Central Florida. The MSC is an office dedicated to all students from all backgrounds. Come create cultural awareness through new and exciting events and meet new people and learn about new cultures.
The MSC's mission is to create a more inclusive and equitable campus environment that enriches the university experience through actively supporting diverse and intentional programming. The MSC will strive to promote awareness, strengthen cultural competency and social responsibility by encouraging the educational exploration and challenge of societal norms that enables students to explore the varied concepts of multiculturalism. For the MSC, multiculturalism extends beyond areas of race, ethnicity, and culture and includes sexuality, gender identity, ability, spirituality, and social advocacy to support a more culturally competent UCF student body.
Multicultural Awareness Programming
- August - Taste of UCF
- September - Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month (Sep. 15- Oct. 15)
- October – LGBTQ+ History Month
- November - Transgender Day of Remembrance Nov. 20
- December - World Aids Day Banquet
- February - Black History Month
- March - Month of the Women & Transgender Day of Visibility
- April – Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Dr. Valerie King Nguzo Saba Graduation
A Partnership with the Multicultural Academic Student Services (MASS). First Generation students and students of African descent are celebrated for their success.
In Collaboration with LGBTQ+ Services, an intimate celebration is held to praise graduates of the LGBTQ+ community.
A Partnership with LaFaSa Latin American Faculty and Staff Association (LaFaSa), to congratulate our Hispanic/ Latin Students and their families.
Support for RSO's
Culturally-based Registered Student Organizations (RSO’s) have the opportunity to apply for a shared workspace within Social Justice and Advocacy at the beginning of every fall semester. Organizations that are granted workspace with a shared computer an access to printing. In addition, MSC also provides funding opportunities to RSO's.
2017-2018 Housed RSO's
- Caribbean Student Association
- Black Female Development Circle
- Gospel and Cultural Choir
- K.I.C.K IT Crew
- PRIDE Student Association
- Multicultural Association of Pre-Health Students
- National Organization for Women at UCF
- National Council of Negro Women
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Sparks Magazine at UCF
Pride Commons is a social space for the UCF LGBTQ+ community and Allies. Pride Commons provide resources and community and is open to all students of all genders and sexual orientations.